Donald Trump lost re-election today. When historians look back on this election, I have to believe that the naming of Kamala Harris as Joe Biden’s running mate will mark the beginning of the end for Trump. (The real beginning of the end, though, probably was on Jan. 20, 2017, when he took the oath of office, which he has never taken seriously.)
This is something I’ve been anticipating for a while now. https://my3centsworth.com/2020/07/20/joe-bidens-running-mate-and-the-winner-is/
She brings a wide array of experience, both personal and professional, to the ticket, and she will add some excitement to the race.
It has become something of a joke in my family that during the primaries, I never picked a winner. I always got it wrong. Well, today, I feel vindicated. I finally got one right. And it was a big one.
Looking ahead, Trump will have a tough time if he tries to rely on his usual playbook and calls Harris names. I agree with Joy Reid, host of MSNBC’s “The Reid Out,” when she said that any name he calls Harris will be attached to the entire Black community.
It will be interesting to see how Trump plays this. I don’t know how much of the Black vote he has, but he can lose it all with the wrong words. I wonder if he realizes that.
Regardless, Biden, by picking a Black woman cemented his support among women, Black America and those who favor inclusion over exclusion.
Harris will make an excellent vice-presidential candidate and an excellent vice president.
And our country, and the world, will be much better for it.
When Joe Biden is in the White House, we’ll finally return to some normalcy
The Trump nightmare is nearly over. And when Joe Biden is in the White House, we’ll finally have a president who:
- respects people of color;
- respects women;
- respects the LGBTQ community;
- will work to get the pandemic under control;
- reads his high-security daily presidential daily brief;
- believes his own national security officials over Vladimir Putin;
- cares that our adversary has put bounties on the heads of our soldiers;
- understands that a child’s full stomach is more important than a full arena at a campaign rally;
- tells the truth;
- believes in DREAMERS;
- understands that many immigrants come here to escape brutality in their own countries and want to make better lives for their families;
- will be inclusive enough to make his Cabinet look like America;
- hasn’t been sued for not renting apartments to Blacks;
- cares about global warming;
- will not insult our allies;
- will build up NATO and not tear it down;
- won’t call people names;
- won’t cheat on his wife;
- won’t pay off porn stars to buy their silence about having an affair with him;
- won’t insult foreign leaders;
- believes in science;
- has empathy for those who have lost loved ones;
- won’t have an attorney general who acts like his private attorney;
- has an education secretary who cares more about public schools than private schools;
- tells the truth about his weight;
- can pronounce Thailand;
- honors an American hero like John Lewis and doesn’t whine about him not attending his inauguration and state-of-the-union addresses;
- admits when he’s wrong;
- takes responsibility for something, or anything;
- understands how to work with Congress;
- understands how Congress works;
- understands the Constitution;
- has read the Constitution;
- wants everyone to vote;
- won’t let his cronies off the hook, especially when they have pleaded guilty to crimes;
- won’t stoke violence against Asians by calling the Coronavirus the “China virus;”
- won’t have secret meetings and phone calls with Vladimir Putin;
- won’t do things that will get him impeached;
- isn’t a sore winner and won’t keep criticizing a former opponent, as Trump does with Hillary Clinton;
- won’t only care about his base but about all Americans;
- won’t demand blind loyalty from his party and staff;
- won’t practice nepotism;
- won’t be a Twitter addict;
- understands the first amendment and will work with the media to get his message out;
- And won’t constantly insult reporters.
It’ll be nice to finally have a president like Joe Biden.
3 thoughts on “With Harris, Biden made the right choice for Black America, the U.S. and the world”
I hope you are right with your first sentence. You’ve been on a roll with predictions so far.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much. You have restored my faith in people. I don’t understand why so many have been brainwashed.
You’re very welcome. And your question is what keeps me up nights.